Marshall P. Wilkinson established his reputation in the 1920s and 1930s, designing romantic homes for some of Hollywood’s most illustrious stars including Alan Ladd, Fred Astaire, Russ Columbo, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and Carole Lombard. By 1960 he was designing more international style homes, like the Weeplo Duplex in Silver Lake. The original owner was Mr. Harry Wepplo, the owner of Wepplo�s Book Store in the Farmer�s Market and a close friend of the architect.The property last sold in 2003 for $646,915 and was described in the listing as ‘ On a site affording hillside vistas to the East, designer Marshall Wilkinson crafted two post and beam residences that are dramatic in their utter simplicity. Separated by a reflection pond in the carport entry, each one-bedroom unit is finished with terrazzo floors, laminate counter tops, fireplace and entertainment decks overlooking the view.’Located at 2323 Silver Ridge Avenue in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- Luis López for California State Assembly 51st District
- 1850 Lucile Avenue, Gustavo Gubel 2017
- Johnson-Sineath House, Stephen Alan Siskind 1959
- Frank Alderman Garbutt & the Mansion on Hathaway Hill
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, November 17, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
- 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, November 18, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
"Who's Who" 1928 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Architecture Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Modern Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Stephen Alan Siskind Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling