Spanish Colonial Revival style house built in 1930 for John Hunt. The house was designated a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument declared a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument in 2001 (No. 704). No one seems to know why the residence was awarded the historic designation, however the five-bedroom, four-bath home is reasonably unaltered and has some fine details, including a wrought iron staircase, stained-glass windows, and vintage tile work, complete with a dramatic view of the reservoir. The 4,210 square foot property was last sold in July 2010 at a foreclosure auction for $1.03 million. As of January 2011 it was listed for sale for $1,594,000. Located at 2055 W. Silver Lake Drive in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 7, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling