Marshall P. Wilkinson established his reputation in the 1920s and 1930s, designing romantic homes for some of Hollywood’s most illustrious stars including Alan Ladd, Fred Astaire, Russ Columbo, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and Carole Lombard. By 1960 he was designing more international style homes, like the Weeplo Duplex in Silver Lake. The original owner was Mr. Harry Wepplo, the owner of Wepplo�s Book Store in the Farmer�s Market and a close friend of the architect.The property last sold in 2003 for $646,915 and was described in the listing as ‘ On a site affording hillside vistas to the East, designer Marshall Wilkinson crafted two post and beam residences that are dramatic in their utter simplicity. Separated by a reflection pond in the carport entry, each one-bedroom unit is finished with terrazzo floors, laminate counter tops, fireplace and entertainment decks overlooking the view.’Located at 2323 Silver Ridge Avenue in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 7, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling