The late Steven Hill made his imprint on Silver Lake architecture with many of these distinctive stucco and glass block houses. 3507 Fernwood Avenue shows the builder at his best; the Streamline Moderne house with its cascading rectilinear and curvilinear details, complimented by a generous dose of glass brick is outstanding. Situated on a corner lot in the prestigious Moreno Highlands of Silver Lake, the house is reminiscent of the c.1937 William Kesling-designed Ulm House in Los Feliz. The three-bedroom, three-bath house in 2513 sq.ft. most recently (March 2013) sold for $1,356,000 and was described in the listing as “rare mix of spacious living areas, high ceilings, an open floor plan, and great outdoor space designed by Steven Hill. Streamline moderne influences throughout with curved cascading walls and glass brick. Huge master bedroom with en suite bath and private balcony. A deck off the living room leads to a beautiful pool with large flat yard space. Two additional bedrooms upstairs round out this stunning residence. Direct access to large 2-car garage with tons of storage”.
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 7, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling