A centerpiece of the Neutra Colony of Homes, the Ohara House is a classic example of the work of Modernist Richard Neutra. Gracefully situated and composed with commanding views of the Lake, it is one of my personal favorites. It was recently purchased for $1,205,000.Dave Keitel, former Chairperson of the Committee to Save Silver Lake’s Reservoirs (CSSLR), recently pointed out to me that the CORRECT spelling of the name for this Neutra house is ‘Ohara’ rather than O’Hara. The ‘Ohara’ spelling is Japanese, rather than the Irish ‘O’Hara’. Some of the original owners of these Neutra homes were Japanese, who chose Silver Lake (and Echo Park) to live in the middle of the 20th Century and before because there were no race-based restrictive covenants in these neighborhoods. Thankfully, we can take pride in a long tradition of inclusiveness in our community!The Ohara House is located at in the Neutra Colony just above Silver Lake Blvd.
- Luis López for California State Assembly 51st District
- 1850 Lucile Avenue, Gustavo Gubel 2017
- Johnson-Sineath House, Stephen Alan Siskind 1959
- Frank Alderman Garbutt & the Mansion on Hathaway Hill
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, November 17, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
- 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, November 18, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
"Who's Who" 1928 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Architecture Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Modern Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Stephen Alan Siskind Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling