Hidden away on a tiny cul-de-sac, this Aspen-like chalet hidden amongst the trees is a delight to behold. A compound of three separate structures was built on a 21,000 foot hillside lot surrounded by alpine vegetation and quiet wooded pathways and fountains. The five-bedroom, four-bath compound in a total of 3460 sq. ft. last sold (November 2004) for just over a million dollars and was described in the listing as “Secluded private architectural compound. 3 story main house has 20′ ceilings, quality tongue & grove construction; 2 fireplaces, kitchen w/sub zero fridge, Viking stove, granite counters, total home H2O filtration system, 2 car garage w/elevator. Huge windows, lots of light. Giant bottom workspace flows to outdoor gardens w/ pro kitchen, sprouting lush trees & plants w/covered patio for dining & hot tub. Over 1/2 acre of land including additional buildable parcel with 2 guest houses”.
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 7, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling