One of the nine houses comprising the ‘Neutra Colony’ built incrementally between 1948 and 1961. The Sokol house was the first of the group and is distinctively different from the others. It is also one of the largest of the group, being 2382 square feet. The colony was designed as a ‘posturing group’ that is, ‘the grouping of a team in cooperative action, where each individual posture complements the others and no soulless, mere side-by-side prevails.’ The result is a ‘community with a sense of sensual, animated tranquility, of accomplished sophistication rendered simply by mature hands. Each house is unique.’Sokol House is located at 2242 E. Silver Lake Blvd.(Notes taken from ‘NEUTRA: Complete Works’, published by Taschen Press 2000, by Barbara Mac Lamprecht, Peter Goessel, Editor, with Dion Neuta and Julius Shulman)
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm, November 4, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Introduction to Smart Phones and Assistive Technology
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling