Up until about 1920 most of the Spanish style architecture found in Southern California could be defined as ‘Mission Revival’ or ‘Pueblo Revival’. The Panama-Pacific Exposition buildings in San Diego, designed by Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue in 1915 created an explosion of interest in a more elaborate style of Spanish architecture that lasted up until the United States entered WWII. The Pedroarena House, designed for Carolina Pedroarena by Architect Henry Grey in 1940 is characteristic of the more elaborate Spanish Colonial Revival Style, borrowing details of Moorish and Renaissance inspiration. Dramatic details include complex roof forms of varying heights; lacy gates and balconies; hand-painted inlaid tiles and an enclosed courtyard with fountain, creating a theatrical effect found in great favor during the period.Art collector and architectural specialist Andy Jelmert restored the house during a two-year process, retaining and refurbishing classical details, adding modern appliances and conveniences.The Pedroarena House is located at 2464 Micheltorena Street in the Moreno Highlands.