Designed and built by William P. Kesling in 1937. Kesling was one of Silver Lake’s most prolific builder/designers. His work spanned the years of 1934-1962. He popularized the architectural style which became known as California Streamline, which at the time, were mostly large institutional projects. Few were willing to risk such bold new designs for their personal residences at a time when Spanish Revival & English Tudor styles were the rage of the day. Kesling’s work prospered however in the Silver Lake community, where everything avante garde was (and still is) the fashion. Kesling’s great contribution was in making appealing architecture as affordable as the average, ordinary home. While he worked in Silver Lake, his offices were located at 1639 Silver Lake Boulevard.The Evans Triplex is located at 1615-1617 Rendell Place in Silver Lake.
- Luis López for California State Assembly 51st District
- 1850 Lucile Avenue, Gustavo Gubel 2017
- Johnson-Sineath House, Stephen Alan Siskind 1959
- Frank Alderman Garbutt & the Mansion on Hathaway Hill
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, November 17, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
- 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, November 18, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
"Who's Who" 1928 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Architecture Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Modern Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Stephen Alan Siskind Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling