Designed and built by William P. Kesling in 1937. Kesling was one of Silver Lake’s most prolific builder/designers. His work spanned the years of 1934-1962. He popularized the architectural style which became known as California Streamline, which at the time, were mostly large institutional projects. Few were willing to risk such bold new designs for their personal residences at a time when Spanish Revival & English Tudor styles were the rage of the day. Kesling’s work prospered however in the Silver Lake community, where everything avante garde was (and still is) the fashion. Kesling’s great contribution was in making appealing architecture as affordable as the average, ordinary home. While he worked in Silver Lake, his offices were located at 1639 Silver Lake Boulevard.The Evans Triplex is located at 1615-1617 Rendell Place in Silver Lake.
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- US Modernist: Volunteers Needed in L.A.
- Ma Residence, Norman Millar 2016
- Volunteer Opportunity for Modernist Architecture Enthusiasts
- Old Mediterranean Mansion on Mayberry Street Back in the News
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, October 17, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – NaNoWriMo Kick Off
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, October 21, 2017 – Los Angeles Metropolitan Opera presents musicologist Dr. Marcela Pan’s Lecture Series “Maria Callas: Life & Art”
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, October 22, 2017 – The Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles (GFBLA) performs its annual fall concert, "Intergalactic"
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, October 28, 2017 – "Architecture Exposed" LIGA book presentation
- 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, November 3, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Residential Turf Removal Training
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm, November 4, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Introduction to Smart Phones and Assistive Technology
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling