The late Steven Hill made his imprint on Silver Lake architecture with many of these distinctive stucco and glass block houses. 3507 Fernwood Avenue shows the builder at his best; the Streamline Moderne house with its cascading rectilinear and curvilinear details, complimented by a generous dose of glass brick is outstanding. Situated on a corner lot in the prestigious Moreno Highlands of Silver Lake, the house is reminiscent of the c.1937 William Kesling-designed Ulm House in Los Feliz. The three-bedroom, three-bath house in 2513 sq.ft. most recently (March 2013) sold for $1,356,000 and was described in the listing as “rare mix of spacious living areas, high ceilings, an open floor plan, and great outdoor space designed by Steven Hill. Streamline moderne influences throughout with curved cascading walls and glass brick. Huge master bedroom with en suite bath and private balcony. A deck off the living room leads to a beautiful pool with large flat yard space. Two additional bedrooms upstairs round out this stunning residence. Direct access to large 2-car garage with tons of storage”.
- Luis López for California State Assembly 51st District
- 1850 Lucile Avenue, Gustavo Gubel 2017
- Johnson-Sineath House, Stephen Alan Siskind 1959
- Frank Alderman Garbutt & the Mansion on Hathaway Hill
- Cal State LA faculty member from Silver Lake collaborates with national team to prevent sexual harassment
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, November 17, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
- 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, November 18, 2017 – The Silver Lake Branch Library Big November Book Sale!!!
"Who's Who" 1928 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Architecture Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Modern Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Stephen Alan Siskind Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling