Silver Ridge Avenue, on the northeast corner of Silver Lake, has a number of architecturally significant properties (including Harwell Hamilton Harris’ ‘Hawk House’, R.M Schindler’s ‘Howe House’, J.R Davidson’s ‘Sabsay House’ and several duplexes by A.E. Morris). This impressive Moderne Style home built in 1938 is a suitable compliment to its more well-known neighbors. It is currently on the market for $929,000 (January 2007). According to the listing agent, esteemed Modernist Architect Gregory Ain was responsible for landscaping the grounds. The property is reached by a funicular railway.
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 18, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Mediation Workshop
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 20, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Introduction to Digital Photography
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, July 25, 2017 – Silver Lake Bohemia: A History; Book Talk at Griffith Park Adult Community Club
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 25, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Piano Concert with the Andree-Ann Ensemble
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, July 27, 2017 – Silver Lake History Explored: Book Talk at Whittier Public Library
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling