Hidden away on a tiny cul-de-sac, this Aspen-like chalet hidden amongst the trees is a delight to behold. A compound of three separate structures was built on a 21,000 foot hillside lot surrounded by alpine vegetation and quiet wooded pathways and fountains. The five-bedroom, four-bath compound in a total of 3460 sq. ft. last sold (November 2004) for just over a million dollars and was described in the listing as “Secluded private architectural compound. 3 story main house has 20′ ceilings, quality tongue & grove construction; 2 fireplaces, kitchen w/sub zero fridge, Viking stove, granite counters, total home H2O filtration system, 2 car garage w/elevator. Huge windows, lots of light. Giant bottom workspace flows to outdoor gardens w/ pro kitchen, sprouting lush trees & plants w/covered patio for dining & hot tub. Over 1/2 acre of land including additional buildable parcel with 2 guest houses”.
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 18, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Mediation Workshop
- 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 20, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Introduction to Digital Photography
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, July 25, 2017 – Silver Lake Bohemia: A History; Book Talk at Griffith Park Adult Community Club
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm, July 25, 2017 – Silver Lake Library Presents – Piano Concert with the Andree-Ann Ensemble
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, July 27, 2017 – Silver Lake History Explored: Book Talk at Whittier Public Library
"Who's Who" 1928 1936 1938 1939 1940 1951 1957 1959 1960 1983 2006 Architect Architects Barbara Bestor Barton Choy Craftsman Dion Neutra Gregory Ain Gustavo Gubel Harwell Hamilton Harris John Sofio Leonardo Chalupowicz Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument Mack Sennett Michael Locke Moreno Highlands Primrose Hill R.M. Schindler Raphael Soriano Richard Neutra Roscoe Arbuckle Rudolph Schindler Silver Lake Silver Lake Chronicles: Exploring an Urban Oasis in Los Angeles Silver Lake History Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Southern California Institute of Architecture Spanish Colonial Revival Streamline Moderne The Silver Lake News Treasures of Los Angeles Architecture University of Southern California Who's Who in Silver Lake William Kesling